Porsche, Honda, Audi, Volkswagen, Ford, Dodge,Toyota, Subaru, Mitsubishi, Mercedes

Tuesday, September 22, 2026

TODA RACING I SECTION STRENGTHENED CONNECTING-RODS FOR CIVIC TYPER INTEGRA TYPER ACCORD EUROR K20A 13210-K20-000

 

TODA RACING I SECTION STRENGTHENED CONNECTING-RODS FOR CIVIC TYPER INTEGRA TYPER ACCORD EUROR K20A 13210-K20-000

TODA RACING I SECTION STRENGTHENED CONNECTING-RODS FOR CIVIC TYPER INTEGRA TYPER ACCORD EUROR K20A 13210-K20-000

The TODA Racing K20A I-Section Strengthened Connecting Rod, part 13210-K20-000, is a serious bottom-end upgrade for the standard-stroke 2.0L K20A. 

TODA lists it specifically for Civic Type R, Integra Type R and Accord Euro R applications. 

What TODA is actually offering

The 13210-K20-000 is:

  • I-section design
  • Chrome-moly construction
  • Fully balanced
  • Fully floating small-end arrangement with bush
  • 139.0 mm center-to-center rod length
  • 22 mm piston-pin diameter
  • Approximately 503 g per rod
  • Supplied as 4 connecting rods for the four-cylinder K20A. 

The important point is that this is not the connecting rod for TODA’s 2150 KIT. The 13210-K20-000 is for the 86 mm standard-stroke K20A configuration

TODA specifies a separate 138 mm rod, part 13210-K20-101-I, for its 90.7 mm-stroke 2150 configuration. 

**Why the rod matters

Think of the K20 connecting rod as the link between:

combustion pressure → piston → connecting rod → crankshaft

At high rpm and cylinder pressure, the rod experiences both:

compression loading

and

tensile/inertial loading

So the objective isn’t simply “stronger metal.” A good performance rod needs the appropriate combination of:

section geometry + material + machining + balancing + piston-pin interface + fastener integrity.

That’s why TODA describes this rod as an I-section chrome-moly, fully balanced and fully floating design. 

Where it fits in a K20 build

For a naturally aspirated high-rpm K20, the rod is one component of the bottom-end equation:

TODA rod

forged piston

crankshaft

rod bearings / clearances

oil supply

balancing

ECU calibration

The rod by itself doesn’t establish a safe horsepower or rpm limit. The entire rotating assembly has to be engineered around the intended application.

TODA itself offers several different K20 bottom-end approaches, including high-compression forged pistons, the 2150 kit, and an 84-mm short-stroke package. 

Its 84-mm package specifically combines forged pistons, an I-section chrome-moly rod and a lightweight crankshaft to pursue faster response and higher-rpm capability. 

For your K20A/Type-R-style project, the interesting comparison is actually:
OEM K20A rod vs TODA 13210-K20-000 vs TODA 2150 I-section rod — because they represent three different bottom-end philosophies.



No comments:

Post a Comment